On Wednesday, Feb 29, Hun School varsity winter sports teams came together in the school’s dining hall to celebrate the successful seasons of the basketball, fencing, ice hockey and swimming teams.
Highlighted by a second-place finish for the boys’ basketball team in the MAPL Tournament, a second-place finish for the ice hockey team in the IHL Championship, and two state titles for the fencing team in girls’ epee and boys’ sabre, the Athletic Department had much to commend.
Awards were also presented to individuals for distinction as most valuable player and coaches’ award recipients.
Most valuable player awards were presented to the member of each team who, in the opinions of the coaches, contributed most significantly to the success of the team, providing outstanding play and leadership. Honorees were:
- Jacqueline Baptiste ’13, girls’ fencing
- Devin Cheifetz ’14, ice hockey
- Lu Chen ’12, boys’ fencing
- Benjamin Walker ’12, swimming
Coaches’ awards were presented to members of team who modeled the traits of sportsmanship, teamwork, strength of character and perseverance. Honorees were:
- Iain Alexandridis ’12, swimming
- Austin Barth ’12, swimming
- George Ganges ’12, boys’ basketball
- Robert Hedberg ’13, boys’ fencing
- Phoebe Huang ’12, girls’ fencing
- Ibidapo Lana ’12, boys’ basketball
- Jacqueline Mullen ’12, girls’ basketball
- Ashley Ravelli ’12, girls’ basketball
- Alexander Vukasin ’13, ice hockey
The ice hockey team also presented the Dan Little Award to Harry Hagen ’12, in memory of former Hun School hockey player Dan Little. Harry received the honor due to his efforts, dedication, and concern for others.