Upper Saucon will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony on June 11th at 10am, officially opening the two mile phase one portion of the project. Board of Supervisors Chariman Miro Gutzmirtl said that the trail was in excellent condition describing it as “a runner’s paradise.”
Before you head onto the trail with your bow and arrow, fireworks collection, and livestock however, take the time to brush up on the rules and regulations the township will be posting and enforcing along the trail.
Note: These regulations are still in the draft phase and are subject to change:
1. Trails are open to the public only during the hours of daylight (sunrise-sunset), or as otherwise posted.
2. Use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or narcotics on trails is prohibited. Visibly intoxicated persons hall not be permitted on trails.
3. Gambling, lewd acts, fighting, and disorderly conduct shall not be permitted. Throwing stones is also prohibited.
4. Abusive, indecent or any threatening language shall not be permitted.
5. A dog or cat may be brought onto the trail, provided that such animal is continually restrained by leash not exceeding six (6) feet in length. No person shall bring onto the trail any animal, livestock, poultry-except for dogs and cats. Horseback riding is prohibited. All pet waste shall be picked up and disposed of in the provided trash receptacles.
6. Hunting, shooting, trapping, and/or the carrying of firearms, weapons, air rifles, bows and arrows, slings, slingshots, paintball guns and any other related weapon is prohibited.
7. Damaging, defacing, vandalizing, and/or removing and Township property is prohibited.
8. All refuse, trash, or litter must be placed in receptacles provided for that purpose. Dumping refuse, trash, or litter is strictly prohibited.
9. For the promotion of health and wellness, smoking and/or the use of any tobacco product is prohibited.
10. Selling food, concessions, and/or solicitation of any kind is prohibited without a permit from Upper Saucon Township.
11. Motorized vehicles, mini-bikes, dirt bikes, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-road vehicles (ORVs), motorcycles, and/or snowmobiles shall not be used or parked on any surface of the trail.
12. All public trails shall be used only for their intended purpose. Camping, Building fires and/or driving golf balls is prohibited.
13. The use of firecrackers, fireworks and/or rockets is prohibited.
14. No person shall use a loudspeaker, public address system and/or amplifier on any trail.
15. There shall be no trespassing on properties adjacent to trails, and/or harassment of the owners, renters, or occupants thereof.
The Upper Saucon Township Police Department is authorized to enforce these rules and regulations. Any person violating the provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, pay a fine not to exceed $600 per violation and/or a sentence of imprisonment.