OPEN Pharmacies, Supermarkets, Gas Stations, Wifi, Hot Showers, Power, Etc.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, just meant to give people options for what's available locally. Please feel free to add other places open in the comments section.
- Princeton: McCaffrey’s (inside), PNC (Palmer Square)
- Princeton Junction: Bank of America
- Pennington: Stop & Shop at Rt. 31 and Denow Rod)
- TD Bank on Route 27
- Wawa, Route 130 and Hickory Corner Road
- TD Bank, Kuser Road and Whitehorse Hamilton Squard Rd.
- Flemington: CVS on Route 202
- Princeton: Rite Aid at the PSC (cash only), CVS on Nassau
- Princeton Junction: Rite Aid by the train station
- South Brunswick: Route 27 by the Kendall Park Shopping Center
- Duraflame is available at McCaffrey’s
- Firewood for sale, delivered or picked up 609-737-5713
- Grocery Stores: McCaffreys in Princeton, Wegman's, Trader Joe's, Acme in Lawrence, ShopRite in Mercer Mall, Shop Rite in Montgomery/Rocky Hill
- Princeton Township Municipal Building has hot coffee and pastries
- Houlihans in Mercer Mall
- Pierre's in Monmouth Junction (no phone orders)
- Carter & Cavero Old World Olive Oil Company, Palmer Square
- Naked Pizza, Nassau Street
GAS (no rationing in Mercer County)
- Princeton: Nassau Street, Alexander Road
- Sunoco, Harrison St. and Route 1
- Valero -Rt 27/Allston Rd, also –Dey Road
- Valero Route 1 by Deans Lane
- Lukoil, Rt 27
- Sunocco at Routes 27 /18
- Shell, Route 1 and Finnegan's Lane
- Lawrence: Gold’s Gym, Quakerbridge Road (open to non-members)
- Montgomery: Princeton Fitness and Wellness Center, Route 206, (open to non-members)
- New York Sports Club, Princeton Shopping Center will open at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. Feel free to stop by for a hot shower and/or to charge electronics.
- MarketFair is open, but only has half-power. Not all stores are open.
- Quaker Bridge Mall is open
- Princeton Shopping Center has power restored on Friday night.
- Major CarWash in South Brunswick has coffee, heat and wifi, no car wash necessary.
- Princeton Public Library is open and available for recharging electronics, light and heat.
As of 11 a.m. Sunday, PSE&G reported that 493,000 of its customers throughout New Jersey were still without power.
As of Friday mid-morning, about 50 percent of Princeton remained without power.
PSE&G priority was at 300 Elm and the care facility at the top of Bunn Drive. Those areas are served by from two different power feeders.
- Witherspoon Street between Paul Robison and Franklin Street ( PSE&G is making major repairs to power lines)
John Witherspoon Middle School is open 24/7 until further notice with heat, power, light refreshments and a limited number of air mattresses and blankets. Feel free to bring yoru sleeping bag and camp out.
- Princeton: DPW crews are removing the major debris from the town. This will take a couple of weeks. NOTE that this is removal of storm debris. This does not include normal leaf and brush collection.
- TigerTransit buses will be at Princeton Junction Station to meet incoming NJ Transit trains until 2:30 am on Saturday, Nov. 3rd and bring them to the Dinky Station. Service will continue until the Dinky is operational. If you need a ride TO the Junction, you can take the bus on its return trip to the junction. FREE to the public, no ID needed.
- The FreeB is running its daytime route serving the downtown and this will continue until further notice.
- Princeton Public Library
- Comcast Infinity hotspots are now open to everyone