Arts Council of Princeton, Opera New Jersey Honored with People's Choice Awards
Now in its fifth year, the awards honor the work of arts organizations over the past year and the devotion of their fans.
The Arts Council of Princeton and Opera New Jersey in Princeton have been named winners in JerseyArts' 2012 People's Choice Awards.
Favorite Art Gallery: Arts Council of Princeton was named favorite art gallery and Princeton Opera New Jersey was named favorite opera company.
“The People’s Choice Awards pay tribute to the wonderful work done by New Jersey’s cultural community and the strength of its supporters,” said Jim Atkinson, director of programs and services at the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation, the statewide arts service organization that coordinates the annual awards. “All nominees should take great pride in the respect they’ve gained from their peers and the impact they have on their communities.”
Now in its fifth year, the awards honor the work of arts organizations over the past year and the devotion of their fans. More than 60 nonprofit arts groups were nominated by members of the arts community in 14 categories. Nearly 7,000 people casting ballots.
Other 2012 JerseyArts.com People’s Choice Awards Winners:
- Favorite Performing Arts Center: New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark
- Favorite Theater to See a Musical: Paper Mill Playhouse, Millburn
- Favorite Theater to See a Play: Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, Madison
- Favorite Art Museum: Grounds For Sculpture, Hamilton
- Favorite Symphony/Orchestra: New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, Newark
- Favorite Choral Group: Newark Boys Chorus, Newark
- Favorite Dance Company: American Repertory Ballet, New Brunswick
- Favorite Music Festival: Cape May Music Festival, Cape May
- Favorite Film Festival: Montclair Film Festival, Montclair
- Favorite Place to Take an Adult Art Class: Montclair Art Museum - Yard School of Art, Montclair
- Favorite Place to Take a Kid’s Art Class: Montclair Art Museum - Yard School of Art, Montclair
- Favorite Downtown Arts District: Montclair
Three organizations were also recognized with Honorable Mentions:
- Most Creative Outreach: Two River Theater Company, Red Bank
- Top Runner-Up: State Theatre, New Brunswick
- Most Write-Ins: The Growing Stage, Netcong
The People’s Choice Awards winners will be honored at the New Jersey Conference on Tourism, held March 20-22, 2013 at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City.